The saying, "everything in its place and a place for everything," is easy to say, but as we all know, achieving it requires enormous human resources and time, especially if we don't have the right tools.
With RFID technology, you will know where your merchandise is at all times, even as it changes location, a benefit that surpasses the standard methods of storage of goods.
Consider the storage of such things as fresh food and perishables ... though, even an electronic product can be considered perishable now a days, RFID in the warehouse is an indispensable tool to enhance your company processes and oversight.
Processes where RFID Adds Value
Undoubtedly, the emergence of RFID technology applied to the warehouse has invigorated and enhanced all processes of warehouse management, from the beginning to the end. Some of the processes where RFID brings value are:
- Identification of items at reception
- Immediate transactions/recording in the receipt of goods
- Keeping track of changing locations no matter where and when
- Complete visibility and optimization of warehouse movements
- Avoidance of obsolete stocks with proper management of inventory alerts
- Management of 3D locations with and without shelves
- Movements and integration of data in real time with your IT, ERP, MES, WMS or other Data Entry Systems
Entry Movements: With RFID portals strategically located in your warehouse, you can control the movements at entryways. All movements are recorded without human intervention.
RFID Operations: Items that change location, merchandise that needs to be moved, items which need to be stored correctly, are all operations that RFID will make easier and simpler. You will know where each product is and can record its movement and history without the need for manual data entry.
Software for RFID Warehouse Management: Manage your warehouse automatically, obtaining a map in real time of the status of each item and its location. Configure your criteria locations or KPI's business and set alerts for specific procedures and movements.
3D locations: Register and learn the location right when an operation is performed without human intervention and avoid redundancies and errors.